Monday, December 5, 2016

Sydney Welcomes Little Feet

Hello Sydney!

The first day was a Sunday. I touched down at Kingsford International Airport on 13 November 2016 at 10 a.m. and officially started my journey in Sydney. I lined up for immigration, I waited for my baggage, I lined up to exit the terminal, I lined up again to purchase my pre-paid sim card. 

I chose Optus because I found it to be the most affordable with generous data. There was 50% discount that day. With 20 AUD, I got 12 GB data, unlimited local calls, unlimited local SMS, 10 AUD credit and free international calls to few countries including Singapore.

After that I lined up again in a taxi queue. I boarded the taxi and the journey to my apartment was about 40 minutes. The building manager was waiting for me when I arrived.

My apartment is at the heart of Sydney CBD. What a good location to live. The distance to office is 5 minute walk. The apartment is decent and fully equipped.

Kitchen
Bed

TV Lounge

Dining Table

View from the apartment

After resting and showering, I went out and walked the surrounding. A few blocks away from the apartment is the busiest shopping precinct in the city, Pitt Street Mall. Pitt Street Mall is one block of pedestrian shopping district along Pitt Street spanning from King Street to Market Street. There are a few shopping centres consisting many shops and some retailer stores in the area. There are performances during the weekends by indie singers, break dancers, etc.

Pitt Street Mall

At another side

Sydney Tower Eye, on top of Westfield Shopping Centre

One of the performance

It was a glance of my first day in Sydney. As I am typing this, I am entering my fourth week here. Time flies, time flies.

Love is in the air,
Little Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment