Saturday, May 24, 2014

Manado Trip - The Heavenly Underwater World Bunaken

Everybody was applying sunblock to themselves. Nobody wanted to be burned, yea?

The above photo could explain everything. Everybody was ready to be under the sun below the water above the corals.

Happy face before dipping ourselves into the water

So the boat finally stopped and we were still busy taking pictures. The boat crew looked at us as if he wanted to ask, "So are guys planning to stay all day below the roof?".

Hero, her bf, and I became the first who jumped into the water. I was taking the wrong side because there weren't many corals down there. Hero said the wave was too rough and she climbed back up to the boat. And true enough, her bf was taken by the boat further from us. In the end, I climbed up and we picked him.

It was so fast, so no photos. :D

The second and third spots were good. But I was so sad to find at some areas there were quite a number of rubbish. Why couldn't the tourists just behave? Will you be angry if someone visits your house and spit on your floor? This is the same case. So please think before you act.

Oh, well. I really hope that all the tourists can be more considerate towards the ecosystem, towards the other tourists, and of course towards the place.

I think everybody submerged themselves at these spots! And I experienced guiding some of my friends who were first timer snorkeling. I couldn't explain my enjoyment seeing them finally dared to jump down and swim around.

And I was taken by the wave at the third spot. We enjoyed the water till the boat came and picked us up.

Me enjoying the water and the sun

The famous sea wall of Bunaken

Blue starfish, my favourite

We completed all three spots in Bunaken at about 11:30am. While approaching Siladen Island, Mr. Daeng asked us whether we wanted to hop on to the island first or snorkel first. So we chose to do island hopping first.

The view from Siladen Beach

We had real fun taking pictures here even though the lighting was not that good. We played on the beach like little kids!

Of course, selfie like crazy!
Oops, we were caught in action

Wooohooo I like this!

On the other hands, this couple went to the other side of the beach and had their own sweet time <3

We had our lunch by the beach. We settled ourselves around the big rock and opened up our nasi mijo.

Our nasi mijo, the best thing about this thing is the damn spicy chili sauce. You can literally feel that your lips swollen after eating it. But I had 2 spoonfool for myself.

After lunch, we had another round of sweet time by the beach. Two of the boys built a valley and caught a lot of hermit crabs. The girls continue taking photos.

We wrote our name on the sand with the intention to take selfie using the selfie pod. However, the angle of the phone camera was not wide enough. We are a bunch of creative people, so we utilized the selfie pod as a monopod, with the help of coconut and a little bit of embedment into the sand.

Our sweet selfie pod turn monopod. Ow yeah!
One of the photo result yeahhhh

And it was time to be back to the boat and continue our journey to the rest of the snorkeling spot. The fourth spot was just a stone throw away from Siladen Island. But I would say that this spot was my favourite. The corals were still live healthily (could be seen from the colors) and it was quite shallow so that I could see everything very near.

What a great poser, this one. Can you see the corals behind? So shallow!

Fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

I did not go down for the fifth spot because I saw the sun shone very damn brightly. So I just spent my time slacking on the boat while looking at the rest swimming around happily.

This is a wonderful silhouette photo if the couple bomb is excluded

And again, couple bomb in action. I think they were sort of trying to take revenge for the photobomb Chacha did to her the day before.

And it's finally the time for us to get back to Manado. The journey back was twice longer (or it was just my feeling?) so that all of us had chance to sleep for a while. When we reached the pier, it was about 3:00 pm.

All were tired but happy

No one actually felt like walking back to the hotel. So we asked around whether we could hop on any public transport that passed by the hotel. People there told us that it would be a long route before the mikrolet reached the hotel. Someone offered us to charter his car for IDR 50000 (SGD 5.5). After consulting with each other, we decided to take the car so that we could get back and prepare for our next itinerary.

And selfie in the car, like usual!

Love is in the air,
Little Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment