Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Manado Here We Come

Pre-holiday syndrome always attacked me. I will start packing my stuffs way way in advance and nearer to the date I will completely lose my mood to work.

On that day, I have one objective: to knock off at 5:30pm sharp. No compromise. I was to go back, shower, and dash to Changi Airport for my 8;55pm flight. And I managed reach the airport before 8:00pm. What an achievement. Yayy.

Little Feet is ready for the journey

Bf and I flew with Air Asia to Jakarta. There was a bit of delay and I forgot to do the online check-in early so we ended up not sitting next to each other. :(

When we reached Jakarta, I was so excited to finally see my best friends again and also to start our journey. Air Asia lands at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Terminal 3 and Batik Air flies for the same terminal. We did not need to go through the hassle of changing terminal. Thanks God.

In Soekarno-Hatta, the terminals have yet to be integrated. Therefore, it is quite difficult when you are having two consecutive flights originated from different terminals. You can either board the free shuttle bus or take a taxi. If you choose to board the shuttle bus, you should prepare yourself to wait (since the timetable is not clear) and to be sandwiched among so many people (it really depends on the timing - night time is better). I do not advise taking the shuttle bus if you bring many or a lot of luggage. Nah, if you choose the latter, you must be prepared to pay more. As the distance between terminals is very near, the taxi driver will refuse to use the meter. Certain amount shall be discussed between the passenger and the driver. The last time my mom experienced it in October 2012, she paid IDR 50,000 (SGD6) in the end. It is damn expensive for Indonesian standard.

So, let's get back to our story. Terminal 3 is the newest terminal in Soekarno-Hatta. It is not big but at least it provides comfort to the passengers.

We proceeded to the holding area around midnight, leaving more than one hour for us before the flight.

We are sharing pempek (fish cake) while waiting for the flight
There was no delay for this flight. We boarded on time. I did not expect much since Batik Air was under the same company as Lion Air. However, to my surprise, everything turned out to be above my expectation.

The entertainment on board - there are interactive games, chat system, etc and you can charge your mobile phone :)

The meal served by Batik Air. Hmm. Not bad.

Initially I planned to sleep but bf lured me into playing games with him. In the end I did not sleep at all throughout the journey. And bf just simply slept when he already felt satisfied playing. However, I was thankful for not being able to sleep because I got a chance to watch a beautiful sunrise on board when everybody else were sleeping.

The first light of the day

When we passed atop mountains and clouds. 

This looks like google map for me


Oh well this is my favourite

When I saw the sea and the island :)

And mountain too

And the waterfront city of course

We reached Sam Ratulangi International Airport at approximately 6am in the morning (GMT +8). We were so very excited for our first day in Manado.

I did not manage to take picture of the airport. But there is one thing that I like to share. There is a huge motto of North Sulawesi displayed at the facade of Sam Ratulangi International Airport. It says, "Si Tou Timou Tumou Tou" which means the purpose of human in life is to nurture and educate others. I love it.

Hey Manado, we are ready!


Love is in the air,
Little Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment