Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Sydney Opera House, Must-Go Attraction

I consider myself as a long term tourist here in Sydney. I am still excited to see the two iconic structure of Sydney but I think there are more things to explore in Sydney other than Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House.

To do justice to my first visitor here, I brought my man to The Rocks and Circular Quay. In Circular Quay, we walked to the Sydney Opera House.

Sydney Opera House is a multi-venue performing arts centre in the southern end of Sydney Harbour. This iconic building is one of the most famous structures in the world. Designed by Danish architech Jorn Utzon, it is 183m long and 120m wide composed of a series of large precast concrete spheres forming the shape that we are seeing right now. The precast concrete spheres are in white and cream colour, supported by precast concrete ribs. Other than the concrete and glass, the facade of Sydney Opera House is largely built on pink granite too.

Sydney Opera House was opened since 1973. Although it was completed 10 years later than scheduled, it has been the icon of Sydney since then.

Circular Quay

Promenade approaching Sydney Opera House

The white "shell" building there is Sydney Opera House

The concrete, the glass, and the granite

Climbing to the pavilion

View of Circular Quay from the top of the stairs

Royal Botanical Garden of Sydney is located across Sydney Opera House

Another glimpse of Royal Botanical Garden

I visited Royal Botanical Garden once during my visit to Sydney in 2013. A pretty garden it is, and at the end of the garden, there is the famous Mrs. Macquaries' Chair. From that exact point, you can get the beautiful view of Sydney Opera House.

This is the view from Mrs. Macquaries' Chair and this is me almost 4 years ago


Love is in the air,
Little Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment